I created the following Video Tutorial to make it easy for anyone using WordPress to take advantage of what I believe is the BEST WordPress Backup Plugin on the Planet, entitled “Online Backup for WordPress” created by Backup-Technology.com headquartered in West Yorkshire in the United Kingdom. I spent many hours over many days looking for a dependable WordPress Backup Plugin with top notch customer support. This is what I found: http://www.backup-technology.com/services/free-wordpress-backup/
Here are the steps covered in this video tutorial:
- Locate, Download and Install Backup Plugin using search terms “wp online backup”
- Activate Backup Plugin.
- Go to “Online Backup Settings” section, click on link to open FREE account at backup-technology.com.
- Open email and click on link to validate email address and activate account.
- In blog dashboard, go to Tools > Online Backup and click on link to get to Backup Plugin admin panel.
- Go to “General Settings” tab (or section) and choose encryption type and encryption key.
- Also under “General Settings” tab (or section) choose “Backup Behaviour” and then click on blue “Save Settings” button.
- ONLY AFTER COMPLETING Step #7 should you click on “Online Backup Settings” tab (or section).
- Now while in “Online Backup Settings” section, log in with “username” and “password” .
- Then click on “Overview” tab and check “configuration settings” just to have a look at your progress.
- Click on “Schedule” tab and choose backup schedule and then click on blue “Apply Schedule” button.
- Click on “Backup” tab and choose settings for manual backup and then click on blue “Start Manual Backup” button.