Can’t I just hit the “Update Now” Button?
Here are the basic steps for updating to WordPress 3.3.2 —
- Backup the database and files to WordPress site.
- De-activate your WordPress theme.
- De-activate all your active plugins.
- Update to WordPress 3.3.2
- Re-Activate your WordPress Theme.
- Update your plugins.
- Re-Activate your plugins.
- Done. Breath a sigh of relief!
How did you learn to Update WordPress?
I got a lot of information for this post and video from my good friend and WordPress Expert Kimberly Castleberry and I strongly suggest you also read her article on updating WordPress here.
FREE WordPress Backup Plugin, Please?
For FREE backing up of your WordPress database and files, I would recommend the “online backup” plugin.
If you would like to learn more about some other options for backing up your WordPress site, you can check out this article on premium WordPress plugins at WPBeginner.com.
For more information on the latest WordPress update please check out the WordPress.org website.