Where’s the “Update Now” Button?
Steps to Update to WordPress 3.4.1
- Backup the database and files to WordPress site.
- De-activate your WordPress theme.
- De-activate all your active plugins.
- Update all your inactive (de-activated) plugins.
- Update to WordPress 3.4.1
- Re-Activate your WordPress Theme.
- Re-Activate your plugins.
- Done. Breath a sigh of relief!
A Great Resource for Updating to WordPress 3.x.x
There is even more IMPORTANT information on updating to WordPress 3.4.1 at this blog post written by WordPress Expert Kimberly Castleberry and I strongly suggest you also read her article on updating WordPress here.
FREE WordPress Backup Plugin, Please!
For FREE backing up of your WordPress database and files, I would recommend the “online backup” plugin.
If you would like to learn more about some other options for backing up your WordPress site, you can check out this article on premium WordPress plugins at WPBeginner.com.
For more information on the latest WordPress update please check out the WordPress.org website.